Promoting Quality of life and Self-Care Behavior for Heart Failure in the Age of COVID-19
vCHAT is a 12-month study that will evaluate how additional internet-based self-help resources and support improves quality of life, self-care behavior for managing chronic heart failure, and emotional well-being. It will provide:
- Internet-based group presentations by health care experts and patient representatives with discussion by participants on key topics for managing heart health, quality of life, and emotional well-being
- Social network support with chat rooms that are linked to the group presentation topics,
- Automated digital counseling resources (expert videos, information, and tools & trackers) for managing CHF, emotional well-being, and quality of life.
To join, you must:
- Be an outpatient of University Health Network (UHN) or Sunnybrook Hospital.
- Be living with heart failure (corresponding to New York Heart Association Class II-IV for at least 1 month prior to enrolment).
- Have no previous diagnosis of COVID-19.
To join or for more information about vCHAT, please contact:
Julia Wong, Research Coordinator
Tel. 416-340-4800 ext. 6400